Some more ideas

Post any ideas or suggestions you think should be added to the game/website here.

Moderators: Dev Team, S. Moderators

Some more ideas

Postby Sand » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:57 am

Hi there!

I just had a couple of ideas that would help game play easier for everyone in general and new players.

Firslty - A tutorial of some kind is urgently needed. This doesn't have to be a super dooper fancy walkthrough in game help guide thingy ma bobby. Im talking a simple sign on the tree at the Harbor that when you click it it tells you some things about them. For example how to buy clothes, links redirecting to the gold page. I don't mind answering questions to new players on how to get items and general help but it would be easier for the curious players themselves and less confusing. Remember you as staff have said this game is targeted for the younger audience. Without a help button or something, young children will get frustrated and confused and will end up leaving the game because they don't "get it". I personally don't need a tutorial and probably will never need to if one is added to the game but that's because i dont fit into the "younger audience" group and I personally prefer to find things out myself but this isn't about me its about your target audience.

My next idea which would make life so much easier on KI would be to have an "inbox" type system. The messaging system is good at the moment but there's a flaw. When you reply to a message and close the players ID you can't open the message again until they reply. UNLESS!!! Unless you walk around the island searching for the player to click their ID again

www.kingdomislandtips.blogspot.com
Sand

Re: Some more ideas

Postby Stephen » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:08 pm

I really like the sound of the first one, having something that explains the game to the user on first login and available after I think would help. Seen quite a lot of users online myself asking how to change their clothes, get some items and such.

Thanks for you suggestions about keeping some of those where you are waiting for a message as well to avoid having to do the problem you suggested. Will definitely think about adding this for one of our next updates.
Stephen
Development Team

Return to Ideas/Suggestions