Publicity

Any regular, general talks in regards to Kingdom Island.

Moderators: Dev Team, S. Moderators

Publicity

Postby Duder » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:56 pm

Let's spread the word about Kingdom Island.

It's not secret the Kingdom Island team is working hard, but in the long intervals between updates, something has to be done to keep people interested, because frankly, this game is boring when nothing is going on... sorry.

Not counting retweets, Kingdom Island has posted a total of 22 tweets for the whole year of 2014 so far. That's only about 9%. Do you really believe people will want to follow an account on twitter that only tweets 22 days of approximately 225? Of course not, that's such a waste. The game desperately needs more input to social media. Tweet about moderator meetups, trivia contests (like we had before), sketches or snip-bit pictures of new updates, or polls regarding something in-game we can decide by a majority. Of those 22 tweets for the whole year so far, only four tweets have made up the second half of 2014. I can't say I'm surprised that the account only has 182 followers.

Now brings me to the blog. I know we have been told that the blog would get brought back to life, but I was assuming that would take place shortly after the website design change. Let's take a look at how many posts have been made on the blog this year. A whopping 3 posts... covering nine-and a half months. You know I love Kingdom Island and the team and their work, but I honestly need to bash this. That's totally unacceptable. Players can't become more active in the Kingdom Island community if you don't post and leave us in the dark for months on end.

The last game to be added to Kingdom Island and the only game on the island is Blocks. Blocks was added in early December and we are approaching its one year anniversary. There was a blog post made on February 20th stating that the "new" game was "nearly ready." Here we are one day short of seven months and the game has still not been released. I'm 100% not trying to be critical, I just wish you would be more active on social media and in-game to really tell us what's going on and maybe be more realistic, instead of telling us what we want to hear or what you want you/us to believe.

The Kingdom Island forum is practically never used. Let's be real, if it wasn't for Slenderman, Annie, and myself, no one would ever post. I decided to ask Kingdom Island players some questions a few weeks ago regarding the points I've brought up and one of them was if they know what the forum or blog was. I can understand that a majority of players probably use the app and would not know, however a united "no" was the response of the ten or so users online at the time (the most I've seen collectively in a room in ages).

Let's transition to when moderators are online. Players get excited when moderators come online and although this is not always the case, it does get annoying when they come on, click a spot in the harbor, and open up a new tab (or work behind the scenes) so they do not even communicate with us. It's so frustrating and it's something I've experienced on numerous occasions. Also, some moderators come online and hide in the theater. Not sure what the purpose that is when we can simply find them, inactive once again from in-game activity where we could be catching up and getting a glimpse at what's ahead.

Aside from social media, another thing that bugs me that I probably have not brought up before is the fact that our dragons move super slow... should you change our characters to turtles? Ouch, too harsh haha! All I am saying is that if we try to walk from the Harbor login area to the burger stand on the opposite side, you'll need to take some time out of your day to do so (in real life). And the worst thing is... if you are using a computer and open up a new tab while your dragon is moving, it stops until you open the tab back up to continue moving. We are forced to watch the short, stubby legs do their job! Aggravating...

In short, PLEASE just start using the social media outlets more. One piece of advise, it is not very professional as a virtual world trying to gain publicity to retweet a random Club Penguin user that's talking highly of the game. Regardless of their popularity in the Club Penguin community and kind words towards KI, he's just a random kid with a Club Penguin avatar for crying out loud. To me personally, it looks so unprofessional for a formal virtual world twitter. Whoever ends up responding to this that is a part of the KI staff, you don't need to tell me you're planning on posting more and spreading awareness to the game, simply show me and the rest of the users asking for the same thing that it's possible... it'll be so much more beneficial.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Duder
Last edited by Duder on Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duder

Re: Publicity

Postby Tony » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:50 pm

You are right on just about everything, we need improvements in certain areas, social media is certainly one of them.
Tony
Admin

Return to General Discussion