New Website = New Forum?

Any regular, general talks in regards to Kingdom Island.

Moderators: Dev Team, S. Moderators

New Website = New Forum?

Postby Jake » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:09 pm

This question is something I have been wondering and it is an excuse to get some action on the forum. Speaking of that, where is everyone?

But for Vultren which is who I am sure will be answering this since you're making the website. Will there be a new forum? Or will it be cleared? Or what?
-Jake
Kingdom Island Moderator
If there is anything I can do to help, let me know!
Jake

Re: New Website = New Forum?

Postby Notre » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:42 pm

I've been wondering the same thing, not really too much activity over the last two days or so. Hopefully it gains more activity though. I feel as if he could leave the forum, just archive and hide some of the stuff if needed.
Notre

Postby Tony » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:50 pm

I'm working on the new site right now. I have it on the server because I am testing it, but am only half way done with the home page. There's a ton of CSS3 and HTML5 in this site, hopefully people will really like the new features and explore the forums.

We basically don't have activity in the forum because we're only getting ~20-40 hits a day on the website... I have no advertisements or people helping advertise so it's difficult to get activity. Not only that, but we don't even have a game yet, just images of one. Once we have something playable, the focus will no longer be on technical (which Sparkart and I have been focusing on since August) and will be more on promotion.

I won't be changing the forum's database, but sometime later this week I will have to code this again. It might be acting weird for a day to two sometime next week. Bare with me please!
Tony
Admin

Postby Jake » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:16 am

vultren wrote:I'm working on the new site right now. I have it on the server because I am testing it, but am only half way done with the home page. There's a ton of CSS3 and HTML5 in this site, hopefully people will really like the new features and explore the forums.

We basically don't have activity in the forum because we're only getting ~20-40 hits a day on the website... I have no advertisements or people helping advertise so it's difficult to get activity. Not only that, but we don't even have a game yet, just images of one. Once we have something playable, the focus will no longer be on technical (which Sparkart and I have been focusing on since August) and will be more on promotion.

I won't be changing the forum's database, but sometime later this week I will have to code this again. It might be acting weird for a day to two sometime next week. Bare with me please!

If the forum has to be shut down for those two days. Do it.
-Jake
Kingdom Island Moderator
If there is anything I can do to help, let me know!
Jake

Postby Tony » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:15 pm

Ok, another update. The website home page is done. I need to make the other pages still, this won't take as long.

I also have made some banner advertisements with Google Adwords, you might see them popping up soon. :D
Ah the hints that we are soon to launch excite me :lol:
Tony
Admin

Postby Notre » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:25 pm

If this thing gets really big and you need forum help, I'd hope to say we'd all be pretty good candidates if you needed some. ;)
Notre

Postby Tdsq » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:08 pm

My website isn't too popular but if there's any banners that I could use, then I'll add that to my website.
Tdsq

Postby Tony » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:23 pm

Tdsq wrote:My website isn't too popular but if there's any banners that I could use, then I'll add that to my website.

That would be excellent! Kingdom Island's 2.0 website will have a whole page dedicated for advertisements. If you don't find a banner or ad that fits your dimensions, let me know and I'll make a custom one for you.
Tony
Admin

Postby Jeff » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:42 pm

nice can I see the site?
Excited for Kingdom Island!
Jeff

Postby Tdsq » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:32 pm

Here its is - http://penguinsunlimited.com/ The banner is in the most recent post.
Tdsq

Return to General Discussion