Let us know what you think!

Any regular, general talks in regards to Kingdom Island.

Moderators: Dev Team, S. Moderators

Let us know what you think!

Postby Tony » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:56 am

We want to know what you think about Obstacle Dash! Be sure to post your score from level 28 (if you make it that far :lol:) Enjoy the game everyone!

Play Now:
http://kingdomisland.com/obstacledash

Contact Support:
http://kingdomisland.com/contact.php

Blog Posting on Obstacle Dash:
http://kingdomisland.com/blog/archives/14-Introducing-Obstacle-Dash!.html
Tony
Admin

Re: Let us know what you think!

Postby Jake » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:47 am

The people at school (all college students) have been enjoying the game. It seems to be fun for all ages. Many of them cannot wait for there to be a mobile version. This game will do well in the app store. It has all of the little quirks that you'd expect a mobile game to have.
-Jake
Kingdom Island Moderator
If there is anything I can do to help, let me know!
Jake

Postby samtheman » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:14 am

hmm, its ok for a start but I found it to be really boring and repetitive. for example I felt like there was so many times when I was just forced to walk back and forth in a zig zag motion either going up or down.

Also I felt like the levels didnt really get harder in a linear sense like level 16 for example... its impossible to lose on that level its one of the easiest levels you just walk forward.

the music was really annoying too I had to mute the volume

you guys should try and add something original too it because right now it seems like a poor attempt at a mario clone

anyways those are my thoughts I only got to level 18 before getting too bored. will be interesting to see where you guys take it from here
samtheman

Postby alfred » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:01 pm

I think this game is beautiful!
alfred

Postby Penguitt » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:08 pm

It's pretty good. Reminds me a bit of Mario haha. Other than that, it's a fun little mini game
Penguitt

Postby Penguitt » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:20 pm

I do think it can be improved a little by adding maybe power ups for the dragon such as speed, flying, invincibility, etc. Also, another something that would spark interest would be an enemy/antagonist kind of deal. Someone trying to keep you from finishing the level.
Penguitt

Postby Pacman » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:08 pm

I agree with Jake, it is a game that any age could play, and still have fun. Penguitt, both of your ideas would make the game have a lot more... challenge to it. Like for the Power-ups, I was thinking like you could pick up different types of clothing, and it would give you different Power-ups. For the enemy part, I think like there could be "Bugz" on the ground and you have to avoid them, or bound on them to defeat them. I really liked Obstacle Dash, I would totally download it to my iPhone and play it on there too :)
Pacman

Postby Penguitt » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:28 am

In reply to Pacman about the bugz, it says Bugz help dragons when they need them. So, I was thinking that if there were villians in the game trying to keep as from getting to the end, then the Bugz could be a power up for a minimum amount of seconds to help fight off the villians.
Penguitt

Postby Penguitt » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:22 am

Update! Maybe the villain could be Spinno, the mad scientist. It says that little is known about him but people say he is trying to take of Kingdom Islander haha so that'd be cool.
Penguitt

Postby Pacman » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:19 pm

For Spinno, he could make dangerous experiments and they could be added into the game, to try to make us lose on the game. Also Bigly could be added as spring, like we could jump on his belly and fly up in the air. I would love to see Kingdom Island add all of the Characters into Obstacle Dash. :)
Pacman

Next

Return to General Discussion