Jake's Opinions

Any regular, general talks in regards to Kingdom Island.

Moderators: Dev Team, S. Moderators

Jake's Opinions

Postby Jake » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:44 pm

Before I get into this, I see some potential here. This game looks like it is going to be excellent for children to play and almost every single child I see has an iPod Touch. I see several with iPhones even.

There are a few things that I can see some people getting confused with.

On the log in screen, I find it somewhat frustrating that I have to close my keyboard after typing my username and then having to close it again to press the log in button. This could be fixed if the two text bars were placed above the keyboard.

On the game itself, similar issue. I cannot read what is going on when I am typing something. I think that there should be a history bar you can open that will display the current things being said. Also, if the toolbar was above the game instead of below, it would be easier for iOS devices because the lower end of the screen is typically half taken up by the on screen keyboard.
-Jake
Kingdom Island Moderator
If there is anything I can do to help, let me know!
Jake

Re: Jake's Opinions

Postby Jake » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:50 pm

Backseat moderators, I'm aware I double posted.

Also,

I do not know of you mean this as the "tool bar glitch" but I noticed that it blinks and stutters when you are walking horizontally.

And if you continually press a section of your screen, your sprite will begin to perform the walking animation from the beginning so you can achieve a walking without your sprite moving. It looks sort of odd. My suggestion is if you could begin the walking animation from the place it last left off so this wouldn't happen. If possible.
-Jake
Kingdom Island Moderator
Jake

Postby Jake » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:24 pm

As I was going through the game, I have notoced that the game has a tendency to not load the sprite 100% of the time when you walk from one room to another (not from the map)(room from room meaning when the is a moment when the loading screen pops up). This leaves you with basically just an empty room with nothing to do but open the map.
-Jake
Kingdom Island Moderator
Jake

Postby Tony » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:16 pm

Jake wrote:As I was going through the game, I have notoced that the game has a tendency to not load the sprite 100% of the time when you walk from one room to another (not from the map)(room from room meaning when the is a moment when the loading screen pops up). This leaves you with basically just an empty room with nothing to do but open the map.

Don't worry about double posting. I don't even think that is a rule here...

Anyways, the quote above that references the loading issue... I have not run into that before. Let me know when you want to play and can show me in the game.

We fixed the blinking and stuttering. That will be in the next update.

I like the ideas about toolbar placement and chat log. Thanks!
Tony
Admin

Postby Jake » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:29 am

vultren wrote:
Jake wrote:As I was going through the game, I have notoced that the game has a tendency to not load the sprite 100% of the time when you walk from one room to another (not from the map)(room from room meaning when the is a moment when the loading screen pops up). This leaves you with basically just an empty room with nothing to do but open the map.

Don't worry about double posting. I don't even think that is a rule here...

Anyways, the quote above that references the loading issue... I have not run into that before. Let me know when you want to play and can show me in the game.

We fixed the blinking and stuttering. That will be in the next update.

I like the ideas about toolbar placement and chat log. Thanks!

You could switch the toolbar into a user fixable one. Where there isn't a permanent spot but one where a user can drag and drop the toolbar and the items on it where they feel they would like it th best,
-Jake
Kingdom Island Moderator
Jake

Return to General Discussion