Game availability.

Bug reports, questions and answer along with general support should be posted here.

Moderators: Dev Team, S. Moderators

Game availability.

Postby Notre » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:54 pm

So according to the homepage, or unless I read wrong, this game is only going to be available for iOS run products? I remember the main idea of Dragon Play was to have it as an online flash game. Is it possible to still do this or did the idea completely run away? -Sincerely, kid with a MacBook Pro but no iOS devices. :(
Notre

Re: Game availability.

Postby Jake » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:48 am

.Matt wrote:So according to the homepage, or unless I read wrong, this game is only going to be available for iOS run products? I remember the main idea of Dragon Play was to have it as an online flash game. Is it possible to still do this or did the idea completely run away? -Sincerely, kid with a MacBook Pro but no iOS devices. :(

The game is going to begin on the iOS platform and in time, depending on the success of the game, we will see it on Android, Mac, and PC. Give the game a chance to get started. Considering how long we have waited, we cannot complain for a change of plans if it means we are going to see a game. A well made game.
-Jake
Kingdom Island Moderator
If there is anything I can do to help, let me know!
Jake

Postby Tony » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:34 am

Jake wrote:
.Matt wrote:So according to the homepage, or unless I read wrong, this game is only going to be available for iOS run products? I remember the main idea of Dragon Play was to have it as an online flash game. Is it possible to still do this or did the idea completely run away? -Sincerely, kid with a MacBook Pro but no iOS devices. :(

The game is going to begin on the iOS platform and in time, depending on the success of the game, we will see it on Android, Mac, and PC. Give the game a chance to get started. Considering how long we have waited, we cannot complain for a change of plans if it means we are going to see a game. A well made game.

Just about right for the most part.

At launch the game will only be available for iOS devices. In the future we hope to reach out to Android, Windows Phone 7, and Blackberry OS. You might be in luck with your Mac; we're looking into the possibility of sending this to the Mac app store.

We don't really want to waste resources on Flash. It's a dying platform/language. We just don't see any growth in that.
Tony
Admin

Postby Jeff » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:08 pm

What about just normal computers for a download?
Excited for Kingdom Island!
Jeff

Postby Notre » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:02 pm

Everything that is coming out seems to only be for iOS devices. My phone is a blackberry, my computer's a mac. No iOS devices to use here. Maybe it could be made into a Facebook game as well? For example, Words with Friends, this is iOS and is integrated into Facebook. It would definitely help some people out if it was available for a little bit more. Although I'm not sure if your developers are confident with other platforms.
Notre

Postby Tony » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:13 pm

.Matt wrote:Everything that is coming out seems to only be for iOS devices. My phone is a blackberry, my computer's a mac. No iOS devices to use here. Maybe it could be made into a Facebook game as well? For example, Words with Friends, this is iOS and is integrated into Facebook. It would definitely help some people out if it was available for a little bit more. Although I'm not sure if your developers are confident with other platforms.

We definitely want to reach out to other platforms. That is for sure and will happen in the future.

We see this as a console video game- such as Mario. If you want to play a Mario game, you need a Nintendo device to play it. Same goes with Kingdom Island, you'll need an iOS device to play (at least in the beginning.)

Please don't get me wrong, we are going to try our very best to make it absolutely accessible to all platforms in the future.
Tony
Admin

Postby Jake » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:31 pm

vultren wrote:
.Matt wrote:Everything that is coming out seems to only be for iOS devices. My phone is a blackberry, my computer's a mac. No iOS devices to use here. Maybe it could be made into a Facebook game as well? For example, Words with Friends, this is iOS and is integrated into Facebook. It would definitely help some people out if it was available for a little bit more. Although I'm not sure if your developers are confident with other platforms.

We definitely want to reach out to other platforms. That is for sure and will happen in the future.

We see this as a console video game- such as Mario. If you want to play a Mario game, you need a Nintendo device to play it. Same goes with Kingdom Island, you'll need an iOS device to play (at least in the beginning.)

Please don't get me wrong, we are going to try our very best to make it absolutely accessible to all platforms in the future.

As the money begins to pour in. But I was serious about donating a bit to the game. I've come into some money recently. I don't expect anything in return other than the game. I want this game to work. It's almost like a part of me now because it has been with me for so long.
-Jake
Kingdom Island Moderator
If there is anything I can do to help, let me know!
Jake

Return to Support/Questions & Answers