New Account

Bug reports, questions and answer along with general support should be posted here.

Moderators: Dev Team, S. Moderators

New Account

Postby Notre » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:15 pm

I noticed that if you try and make a new account with a username that is already taken, it sometimes shows the error message that your "Passwords Must Match" or something along those lines. It took me a while to figure out what was going on, but it all came down to the username being taken instead of a problem with my password.
Notre

Re: New Account

Postby Stephen » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:36 pm

I don't believe what you described is a problem. The passwords must match message comes up doing a simple validation check before other more complicated checks are carried out, the message only shows if the passwords don't match.

Admittedly it would be helpful if it said everything that stopped an account being successfully registered, this is something we will consider having in future. Thanks for your feedback.
Stephen
Development Team

Postby Notre » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:06 pm

My passwords did match though, I tried it a total of 3 times. I just posted it here incase you guys wanted to know, no real issue to me. Thank you for the acknowledgement. :)
Notre

Postby alexronay » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:38 pm

Stephen wrote:I don't believe what you described is a problem. The passwords must match message comes up doing a simple validation check before other more complicated checks are carried out, the message only shows if the passwords don't match.

Admittedly it would be helpful if it said everything that stopped an account being successfully registered, this is something we will consider having in future. Thanks for your feedback.

I think he is saying that when he makes a username that is already used, instead of a prompt saying "username already exists" he is getting a "passwords must match"
alexronay
Design Team

Postby Notre » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:53 pm

alexronay wrote:
Stephen wrote:I don't believe what you described is a problem. The passwords must match message comes up doing a simple validation check before other more complicated checks are carried out, the message only shows if the passwords don't match.

I think he is saying that when he makes a username that is already used, instead of a prompt saying "username already exists" he is getting a "passwords must match"

Exactly what I was trying to say. Just couldn't seem to find the right words.
Notre

Return to Support/Questions & Answers