What do you think about the new website?

Bug reports, questions and answer along with general support should be posted here.

Moderators: Dev Team, S. Moderators

What do you think about the new website?

Postby Tony » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:48 am

Just wanted to get some feedback on the new website! What you think about the look, home page, and design. Any ideas on how you think it could be better?
Tony
Admin

Re: What do you think about the new website?

Postby Mark » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:51 pm

Looks great! My only complaint is that the main image on the homepage won't load on my computer (I'm on a Mac with OS X. I'd throw in a screenshot but my computer is being stubborn), only the top half can be seen the rest of it is a gray box.The only other thing I can think of adding is animations which I realize is not necessarily feasible at the moment.

Great work!
Semper Curatio
Mark

Postby Tony » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:06 pm

Be sure to clear your cache. Those who visited the site before a few times will have data stored in their browser so it loads fast (just a feature browsers do) and it could make it so the image doesn't load. Let me know if that does the trick.
Tony
Admin

Postby Stephen » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:29 am

Looks very nice and consistent, works fine on my browser. Having some interactive content on the homepage would be good. Perhaps having something a rotator of different game images would liven it up a bit. Perhaps having a few less "click heres" all over the site might it read nicer.

On the negative side some of the pages like the FAQ seem out of date (in terms of app pricing). Also, I think the text on the parents page makes some dubious claims you might want to reword. Apart from that can't really see much wrong with it.
Stephen
Development Team

Postby Tony » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:39 am

Stephen wrote:Looks very nice and consistent, works fine on my browser. Having some interactive content on the homepage would be good. Perhaps having something a rotator of different game images would liven it up a bit. Perhaps having a few less "click heres" all over the site might it read nicer.

On the negative side some of the pages like the FAQ seem out of date (in terms of app pricing). Also, I think the text on the parents page makes some dubious claims you might want to reword. Apart from that can't really see much wrong with it.

FAQ is out of date- that will be updated. Parents page needs some fixes (including image and some text change), Dragon's Den needs update and text changes. There is a bit more we need to do, I'll get to it, but the major changes to the home and every other page were the focus. I'm glad you liked them!
Tony
Admin

Postby Stephen » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:39 pm

That's fine then, just wanted to make sure you were aware that some things needed updating.
Stephen
Development Team

Return to Support/Questions & Answers