Wake up, boards!

Post anything here not related to Kingdom Island

Moderators: Dev Team, S. Moderators

Wake up, boards!

Postby Alex Eskimo » Sun May 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Where is everyone? The boards have been mighty quiet lately. Let's start up the posting again! I'd love to see some fan art :)
http://www.designpowerpoint.blogspot.com/
Alex Eskimo

Re: Wake up, boards!

Postby Tony » Mon May 13, 2013 12:01 am

Been a bit quiet on here lately huh? We have some big updates being worked on, should help get the buzz going again :D
Tony
Admin

Postby Sand » Mon May 13, 2013 7:07 am

I'm still hanging around, but I've heard from a lot of people that game development is too slow so people have started to drop off :/
I am a loyal player and some of the staff know that but right now there is nothing enticing players, there is nothing at all to do. I completely understand why its hard and why its a slow process but some people just lose interest.

www.kingdomislandtips.blogspot.com
Sand

Postby Tony » Mon May 13, 2013 4:43 pm

Sand wrote:I'm still hanging around, but I've heard from a lot of people that game development is too slow so people have started to drop off :/
I am a loyal player and some of the staff know that but right now there is nothing enticing players, there is nothing at all to do. I completely understand why its hard and why its a slow process but some people just lose interest.

Believe me, there is a big update on the way. We understand the frustrations.
Tony
Admin

Postby Sand » Thu May 23, 2013 7:09 am

Could you possibly tell us when this update is due?
I check the blog every day and there's nothing. I don't want to sound rude and im no professional but I've played more than one VW in my life and so have most other people so we know what we like and dislike about the game and more importantly how it's run. I hope this doesn't come across as me trying to tell you how to do your job, im still a teenager im not a businessman. But you need to be more interactive with players, by posting on the blog. Get us to do something. Get us involved. For example Tinkatolli is very successful why? Because before the game was even released they got players involved straight from the word "GO". Then they opened the game up and kept the interactivity going. The staff are small (3 people) like yourselves but they are not afraid to talk to players and tell them what is happening behind the scenes. They don't tell players all the updates but if people ask they might drop a hint or when people ask for a date they actually give them one to look forward too. Not "soon" because every player here knows "soon" could be months and that's whats happening here.

Once again please dont take this the wrong way, im just trying to help from my experience. I have talked to others and they agree.

www.kingdomislandtips.blogspot.com
Sand

Postby Tony » Thu May 23, 2013 12:56 pm

Unfortunately, not everyone on the staff working on Kingdom Island full time. We don't have the resources to keep the game updated every week.

Also understand we gave a large focus programming the game in modern technology. A lot of time and focus was on that rather than game content. Changes Apple makes (such as requiring the game to be supported on retina devices) doesn't help either. But believe me, we have a huge update coming, we'll post images and spoilers soon.
Tony
Admin

Postby Fano » Sat May 25, 2013 4:34 pm

That is very nice to hear. I just joined the game and I am really excited to see what is on board for the next updates. I read through the Blog to see the game's history and I must say that a "BIG" update might jump start all the players.

Keep up the good work,

-Fano
Fano

Return to General Chat