Feed Ideas

Post any ideas or suggestions you think should be added to the game/website here.

Moderators: Dev Team, S. Moderators

Feed Ideas

Postby Duder » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:25 am

Hey guys, Duder here! Long time... no talk!

I just want to congratulate the team on an outstanding new update. The new option to communicate with others through the feed app is AWESOME! I thought this post on the forum would offer dragons the opportunity to come up with ways to make the feed more efficient.

So the feed app definitely reminds me of twitter. Now I am not at all trying to brag when I say this... but I have over 700 followers and only follow 15 people. I think it would be cool to have feed options where instead of just seeing what the people you follow have to say, there's an option to see the latest messages from anyone on the island... that way we are not so limited.

Another cool idea similar to twitter would be to be able to "@" other users. If you want to communicate with someone on the forum to give them a shoutout or highlight someone they did on the island that you wish everyone could see, you could "@" them. Then there could be a seperate tab to see all the messages with your dragons name tagged in them!

Also, I saw the moderators expressing their love for the World Cup by rooting for their home country... or at least the country they support. We could create #'s (hashtags) to use on the feed in order to keep up with what's currently trending. That way, we can click the hashtag to see what people are saying (only able to see messages with that specific hastag used). Just so the hastag craze does not get too out of hand, maybe the moderators can select 10 hashtags that we can only use for the week... just so the messages are easier to monitor and so hashtags do not get carried away.

Examples: Where they get carried away

1. #I #AM #USING #HASHTAGS #WOOHOO
2. #IAmGoingToCreateTheWorldsLargestHashtagggggggg

And limited hashtags could be:

#KingdomIsland #FIFA #Wimbledon #Summer etc...

And lastly, the feed should allow us to use the smileys that we use in the game in our messages. That would be creative and I'd say... a bit more fun!

The foundation for the new feed is so great... so I would think that turning the feed into a more social media setting would allow for users to use the feed as their main source of communication opposed to any of the actual social media outlets in existence that could pose potential harm to any young, curious child on the internet. This is definitely a safe and creative idea and I am glad it was implemented in the game.

Please feel free to respond to my ideas and also pitch your own!
Have a great day!

Duder :D
Duder

Re: Feed Ideas

Postby Tony » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:48 am

Great ideas Duder! I'm glad you are enjoying the update. We already have a new feature coming to the feed in the 4.1 update and we'll certainly continue to add more as time goes on! If you have more ideas, please feel free to share!
Tony
Admin

Return to Ideas/Suggestions