Relationships

Post any ideas or suggestions you think should be added to the game/website here.

Moderators: Dev Team, S. Moderators

Relationships

Postby Duder » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:03 pm

Hey Kingdom Island team,

I first want to start off by lauding you on your incredible achievements getting the island covered in Halloween decor! It was just amazing! I was only able to attend the last two or so days of the party which only left me able to get the witches hat, but it's still an item I will keep in memory of the party.

Leaning from the subject, it has come to my attention that relationships/dating are on the rise on the island. It occurred when I joined the game last year and now it far surpasses the norm. Each time I have logged on since I came back to play the game, I have either witnessed people saying they love each other, etc. or that they want to know my personal info. when they message me. It's like they are totally oblivious to the rule book. I have two suggestions to fix this issue.

One:
When dragons sign-up for the game, after they create a dragon, confirm the email, and login, there should be a welcome tutorial. It would give the dragons an idea on how to play the game, how to do commands on the toolbar, and also walking them through the rules right of the bat. The rule book in the log-in room could be a little but bigger so that it's more noticeable in case a dragon needs to reference it later on in the future.

Two:
There needs to be a report button. Reporting dragons when they see dating going on or other serious rule breaking activities is key to keep the island safe. This puts less stress on moderators like Fano who monitor the chat and come online for things not so serious (because he sees potential disruption) compared to things actually break the rules and need immediate attention.

I am sure these have been suggestions that were given in the past because of how common dating occurs so I am basically just holding a strong opinion and strictly supporting the idea above.

Have an awesome day everyone
Duder :D
Last edited by Duder on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duder

Re: Report Button

Postby Fano » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:05 pm

Hey there!

The Report Button already exists. To see it, just click a dragon and it should appear as a red shield with an exclamation point on top of it.

Any kind of conflict should be avoided. Dragons should have fun and socialize on a safe environment, which is what Moderators try to achieve. A discussion/problem/conflict should never be taken as "not so serious", for they can always lead to bigger arguments.

Topics such as dating or personal information have been discussed frequently among us moderators and we try our best to enforce this rules.

Thank you for your suggestions! A tutorial would add a great sense of direction to our new players!

-Fano
Fano

Postby Duder » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:10 pm

Kind of what I expected as a response, but thank you
Duder

Postby alexronay » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:22 pm

I think a welcome tutorial can be made, but not sure how that would help. Most users even after reading the rule book that is now part of both the harbor and the ID button option still break that rule.

I do agree that there could be a rule book run through before their first log in, but again after the user agrees to the terms, its usually forgotten until they find themselves banned.
alexronay
Design Team

Postby Duder » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:29 pm

To be completely honest, there is a high chance that a very select few dragons actually read the terms before joining. They just want to play, not be bombarded with rules. At least when they log-in they will be forced into reading the rules and now they can be accountable for an appropriate ban because they know they have broken one.
Duder

Return to Ideas/Suggestions