Report Players

Post any ideas or suggestions you think should be added to the game/website here.

Moderators: Dev Team, S. Moderators

Report Players

Postby Kane » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:43 pm

I have had this idea about a new feature on a player's card called "Report Player". This idea came up when I logged on into KI and saw a player using inappropriate language, just spelling it the wrong way. But it was easy to make out. Also, I think the game developers should also ban some words that don't exist and also have part in spelling a swear word in different ways. For example, in Pandanda, there were the phrases "shut up", "sut up" and they blocked both. If you guys can at least put this feature on the player's card for everybody, then this would be very helpful! Thank you! Leave comments below if you also agree with me! :)
Last edited by Kane on Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
NOTE: PLEASE JOIN DRAGO ISLAND! IT IS IN THE FORUM OF THE KI FAN SITES.
Kane

Re: Report Players

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:00 pm

A report button will be added in the near future. The filter is actually already calibrated to block words that are trying to make their way around the filter. Naturally though, there are a lot of words and we get as many as we can. As new words pop up or as we think of new words ourselves we update the filter.

For now if you see a player breaking the rules take a screenshot of it and then send a private message to a moderator. Players reporting players that are breaking the rules is probably one of the biggest tools moderators have at our disposal to keep the game safe.

I am actually going to lock this. You did not break any rules, however this is something that is being implemented and has already been implemented.

Thank you, Kane!
Semper Curatio
Mark

Postby Tony » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:15 pm

I'm going to unlock this actually and allow for discussion on how users think reporting should be implemented. Thanks Kane and Mark.
Tony
Admin

Postby Kane » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:28 pm

Tony wrote:I'm going to unlock this actually and allow for discussion on how users think reporting should be implemented. Thanks Kane and Mark.
Mark wrote:A report button will be added in the near future. The filter is actually already calibrated to block words that are trying to make their way around the filter. Naturally though, there are a lot of words and we get as many as we can. As new words pop up or as we think of new words ourselves we update the filter.

For now if you see a player breaking the rules take a screenshot of it and then send a private message to a moderator. Players reporting players that are breaking the rules is probably one of the biggest tools moderators have at our disposal to keep the game safe.

I am actually going to lock this. You did not break any rules, however this is something that is being implemented and has already been implemented.

Thank you, Kane!

No problem, guys! I really think this would actually be a huge update other than the updates you already made. But thank YOU.
NOTE: PLEASE JOIN DRAGO ISLAND! IT IS IN THE FORUM OF THE KI FAN SITES.
Kane

Postby Jake » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:24 pm

In a lot of social games, the user is lead through a series of options that can sometimes lead them to an unsatisfactory report. In order to fix this, I feel like it would be best to allow the user to type in the situation themselves.

We as moderators can then look at the time the report was filed and compare it to the log that was around that time frame.

Would it be a good idea to allow the moderator comment on the report to the user who reported it? Sometimes the best moderators are the users.
-Jake
Kingdom Island Moderator
If there is anything I can do to help, let me know!
Jake

Postby Gibralter » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:03 am

I, too, saw a player breaking the rules! Maybe you guys should let players report here!
Gibralter

Postby Jake » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:12 am

Gibralter wrote:I, too, saw a player breaking the rules! Maybe you guys should let players report here!

We love it when we receive reports in our Private Messages. What makes it easier is when we receive a screen shot that proves it so we can go ahead and take care of it there.

You can also report by emailing support@kingdomisland.com . I check that email a few times a day.
-Jake
Kingdom Island Moderator
Jake

Postby Gibralter » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:24 am

Jake wrote:
Gibralter wrote:I, too, saw a player breaking the rules! Maybe you guys should let players report here!

We love it when we receive reports in our Private Messages. What makes it easier is when we receive a screen shot that proves it so we can go ahead and take care of it there.

You can also report by emailing support@kingdomisland.com . I check that email a few times a day.

Ohh, okay! Thanks, Jake! I will do just that :D
Gibralter

Postby Jake » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:43 am

Gibralter wrote:
Jake wrote:

Ohh, okay! Thanks, Jake! I will do just that :D

A in-game report system is in the works as well. Until then, this system will have to do. In a perfect world, we would not need any moderation on the game but unfortunately, there are people who cannot contain themselves or people who join just to cause problems.

I will continue to say that the players of the game are our best moderators. We miss things sometimes but the players never do. They see everything and this is why we so value the time you take to report a problematic user.
-Jake
Kingdom Island Moderator
Jake

Postby Gibralter » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:59 am

Haha :) We'll be on the look-out ;)
Gibralter

Next

Return to Ideas/Suggestions