Rules

Post any ideas or suggestions you think should be added to the game/website here.

Moderators: Dev Team, S. Moderators

Rules

Postby Penguitt » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:09 pm

I just noticed, this is the 400th post in this part of the forum! Congrats everyone!

Rules are very important within the game of Kingdom Island, and they are enforced all the time. New players don't really get a glimpse of the rules, unless they explore the Kingdom Island Website. I was thinking maybe adding a rules section to the Navigation Bar (in game) for players? Whether it be on the navigation bar, or in the top right corner of the player's screen, I believe it'd help lower the quantity rule breakers out there xD In additon to that, maybe updating the rules? I noticed "No Dating" is not on there. Some things I'd suggest to add would be

No Dating
Don't Talk Politics - leads to arguments
Don't Abuse the Report Button - when one comes
No Sharing Passwords - which could tie into "Sharing Private Information" section
No 3rd Party Programs(No Cheating)

In addition to this, maybe add the FAQ as well xD In the FAQ, it provides the information to get a new player started such as what gold is, how to get it, what you can do on the game, what "GM" means,etc.
Last edited by Penguitt on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penguitt

Re: Rules

Postby alexronay » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:34 pm

we have all of this on the "more" tab

http://www.kingdomisland.com/more.php

http://www.kingdomisland.com/rules.php
alexronay
Design Team

Postby Penguitt » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:03 pm

alexroronay wrote:we have all of this on the "more" tab

http://www.kingdomisland.com/more.php

http://www.kingdomisland.com/rules.php

Mhm mhm xD Thats what I was saying. Some kids don't really go through the whole entire site before playing, so it might be handy to have it on the game as well along with the FAQ, and the rules doesn't have some of the things up top that I suggested
Penguitt

Postby Sand » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:26 am

This links in with my stone slab idea :) Where all the rules are in game listed on a rock so when players click it, the screen zooms in and they can read them there and then.

Then maybe Elmer can stand by the tree telling players to read the rules!

www.kingdomislandtips.blogspot.com
Sand

Postby Stephen » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:05 am

I really like this idea, would be great to have the rules somewhere in game as then people wouldn't have to go looking on the website.
Stephen
Development Team

Postby Sand » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:11 am

Stephen wrote:I really like this idea, would be great to have the rules somewhere in game as then people wouldn't have to go looking on the website.

Thanks Stephen! Or there could be a wooden notice nailed to the tree?? ;)

Sand

Postby Penguitt » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:41 pm

Sand wrote:
Stephen wrote:I really like this idea, would be great to have the rules somewhere in game as then people wouldn't have to go looking on the website.

Thanks Stephen! Or there could be a wooden notice nailed to the tree?? ;)

At first that looks like a tombstone, so I'd prob pic a different shape xD. I like the idea though. But yeah, somewhere in the game whether it be in an actual room, or on the navbar (in the game) would be good along with maybe the FAQ is users get confused they can refer to there, and if they don't find what they're looking for, they can come to the forums or ask another player :)
Penguitt

Postby Sand » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:56 pm

Haha i actually thought that but you get the idea :3

Sand

Return to Ideas/Suggestions