Perspective

Post any ideas or suggestions you think should be added to the game/website here.

Moderators: Dev Team, S. Moderators

Perspective

Postby Duder » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:48 pm

One thing I noticed on Kingdom Island is the difference of the views of locations on the map, than how they are if you are actually in the room. I understand that you do not need every detail that you can see in the room, in the map perspective, however, I would try to fix just a few things.

The Castle:
Okay, in the castle room there is a central cone-like pillar with a maroon roof, and then 2 more pillars on either side. However, on the map, you only see 3 pillars with roofs in total, which does not captivate the room space.

The Theater:
On the map, there is a tan colored object that is at the top of the building. When your dragon is in the room, you are magnified where you can't see the top of the building and what that object is. The "Dragon's Theater" message can not be seen on the map either.

There are a few other little things that I would be nit-picking at, however, if you look at where some of the rooms are on the map and the area that surrounds them (for example, grass), it wouldn't make sense to see water close by when it's not even seen on the map.

So yeah, the map should correspond as best as it can with the actual buildings with what is noticable, without an absurd amount of detail and, the surrounding ares around buildings (such as water, sand, grass, etc.) should be more relevant to what you see on the map.
Duder

Re: Perspective

Postby Duder » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:11 pm

Sandando deleted his reply that said that Penguitt already posted about this with the volcano... and I am giving my response

Sandando, this actually does not relate to what Penguitt said at all. I am not comparing the size of the buildings to the size of our dragon and how the rooms look bigger on the inside than outside...

This post is to discuss the differences of the rooms on the map vs. what they look like when your dragon is in the room. I am also trying to say that the land (such as water, grass, etc) found in the room may not be in the proper place on the map, which alters the perspective
Duder

Postby Sand » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:27 pm

I understand that your observation is different to Pengy's which is exactly why I deleted my comment.

www.kingdomislandtips.blogspot.com
Sand

Postby Duder » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:30 pm

Sand wrote:I understand that your observation is different to Pengy's which is exactly why I deleted my comment.

Yeah, but it was a good question and I assumed people would ask that, so I needed to elaborate my reasoning for a better explanation.
Duder

Postby Penguitt » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:47 pm

I see what you're getting at Duder. I noticed that as well xD Not a big deal to me though
Penguitt

Postby Pacman » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:17 pm

I have to agree with Penguitt on this one, because I don`t think anyone would really care if those little details were changed or not. Like the game is mean`t for younger players and I don`t think they will notice or even care about that. :|
Pacman

Postby Sand » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:25 pm

Im not a young player and i didnt even notice it xD

www.kingdomislandtips.blogspot.com
Sand

Postby Dusty » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:19 pm

I think it's fine. maps with too much detail are too busy. I like the way they have the one online where you can see the full building. If you saw the full building in the actual game the room it wouldn't feel like the buildings were large. Like in other games the buildings don't feel like im near them at all. I think the best part about this game is the graphics it has. it's what drew me into it in the first place. I like the style and i don't think they should change it at all..... and i think they know what they are doing :roll:
Dusty

Return to Ideas/Suggestions