Tournaments

Post any ideas or suggestions you think should be added to the game/website here.

Moderators: Dev Team, S. Moderators

Tournaments

Postby Duder » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:30 pm

When Kingdom Island comes out with games, I think there should be some some of Medieval tournament room. In this tournament room, a group of 8 or 16 dragons that are online at the time, could join a tournament match. The tournament could work like a modern day basketball, football, etc. bracket.

Once a group of 8 or 16 dragons have joined a tournament in the tournament room, there could be a series of minigames chosen at random and each person would verse an opponent. If you win against your opponent, you continue in the bracket, if you lose against your opponent, you could compete in consolation matches. Each time you win, you advance to play another game at random against another opponent until you lose, or defeat everyone!

You may chose to forfeit a round if you have to go, allowing your opponent to move on. There could be rewards given to the top finishers. You could do something where every time you win a tournament, you get a point. These points could add up to win rare clothing that means you are a skilled tournament player. There could also be a leaderboard for the top tournament wins.

My only concern is what we will do about multiple accounts. Right now, you are able to open up various tabs and web browsers and use alternate accounts during the same time you are on your main. You could cheat to advance your main if you ended up playing an alternate account in the tournament bracket.

I really think this is a clever idea and is something that no virtual world has. These games could relate to the Medieval theme and add several new items and features to really persuade people to join! What are your thoughts?
Duder

Re: Tournaments

Postby Pacman » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:13 pm

I like the idea, but I think maybe when like 4-6 players have joined you can play 3 on 3 Mini-games, like Hockey, Soccer, etc. but with a medieval theme to them ;) It would be pretty awesome to have a leader board for Mini-games, like the Top 10 or 20. For the multiple logging in, I won't care if they got rid of it or kept it, because I just have my dragon "Pacman". It's up to the Kingdom Island Staff for that, but good ideas Duder. :)
Pacman

Re: Tournaments

Postby Duder » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:30 pm

The point I was trying to get to is that there is a bracket, so the minimum amount of people to make up a full bracket where no one would need to automatically make it to the next round is 8 people. The suggestion I made was supposed to be individual because team games give several people points, when I am trying to enforce personal points to achieve prizes or spots of the leaderboards.

However, I think the types of games you suggested, even though they are single player, are good ideas. I wouldn't mind a soccer field, but it's up to the players, because they already have one on Club Penguin, but if that's what majority decides, I guess that's what we'll see if my idea is put into play.
Duder

Return to Ideas/Suggestions