Graffiti Boards

Post any ideas or suggestions you think should be added to the game/website here.

Moderators: Dev Team, S. Moderators

Graffiti Boards

Postby thebrowdude » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:20 am

In kingdom island you should create graffiti boards in the game so people can draw and make wonderful pieces of art.
thebrowdude

Re: Graffiti Boards

Postby sparkart » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:43 pm

I think that is a great idea. Although I think there might be a problem with destructive players that would ruin it for others.

Maybe you can expand on this idea with some specifics on what we could do to maintain this issue
sparkart
Development Team

Postby thebrowdude » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:43 pm

That is why you have Moderators to moderate the boards too
thebrowdude

Postby Jeff » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:06 pm

thebrowdude wrote:That is why you have Moderators to moderate the boards too

i'll be a mod.
Excited for Kingdom Island!
Jeff

Postby Notre » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:33 pm

It's not really a practical idea, it would require constant moderation. That would involve clearing the board, and possibly banning a user from painting on the board, however I think that would also be impossible to tell who drew which item. Immature people will draw certain "things" or write inappropriate messages.
Notre

Postby Jake » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:14 am

.Matt wrote:It's not really a practical idea, it would require constant moderation. That would involve clearing the board, and possibly banning a user from painting on the board, however I think that would also be impossible to tell who drew which item. Immature people will draw certain "things" or write inappropriate messages.

Well said Matt.
If people were generally nice and caring about other people, we wouldn't have to worry about this kind of thing.

Simply throwing yourself to be a moderator doesn't solve the problem. It's bigger than that. You can't moderate every single server at the same time, assuming the game will get moving after a while. It would be a complete hassle.

However, the idea was a very good one. We just can't use it because people would severely abuse it.
-Jake
Kingdom Island Moderator
If there is anything I can do to help, let me know!
Jake

Postby Notre » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:05 pm

The only thing that I could really think of that would be acceptable is to create a wall where users can select a "graffiti"-style in which they could post their username on the wall, but that would be kind of pointless. Who wants their name on a wall?
Notre

Postby Jake » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:03 am

Matt wrote:The only thing that I could really think of that would be acceptable is to create a wall where users can select a "graffiti"-style in which they could post their username on the wall, but that would be kind of pointless. Who wants their name on a wall?

How many Pink Floyd jokes would pop up? :?
-Jake
Kingdom Island Moderator
Jake

Postby Mark » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:29 pm

Jake wrote:Simply throwing yourself to be a moderator doesn't solve the problem. It's bigger than that. You can't moderate every single server at the same time, assuming the game will get moving after a while. It would be a complete hassle.

However, the idea was a very good one. We just can't use it because people would severely abuse it.

This is and isn't true. You are right, no one can moderate these boards 24/7, and in all honesty I doubt anyone would be willing to do so. It is a good idea but since people would abuse it the only realistic solution would be an approval system. People would have to submit what they want displayed and then they would have to wait for someone to approve it before it shows up on these boards. Again, that requires 24/7 moderation, but it would just be at a more convenient rate for whoever has to do it.

But until funds become available to actually do that I don't see it happening. If not that then a system of pre-approved designs and letters like someone already mentioned (I think...).
Semper Curatio
Mark

Postby Jake » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:39 pm

Mark wrote:
Jake wrote:Simply throwing yourself to be a moderator doesn't solve the problem. It's bigger than that. You can't moderate every single server at the same time, assuming the game will get moving after a while. It would be a complete hassle.

This is and isn't true. You are right, no one can moderate these boards 24/7, and in all honesty I doubt anyone would be willing to do so. It is a good idea but since people would abuse it the only realistic solution would be an approval system. People would have to submit what they want displayed and then they would have to wait for someone to approve it before it shows up on these boards. Again, that requires 24/7 moderation, but it would just be at a more convenient rate for whoever has to do it.

But until funds become available to actually do that I don't see it happening. If not that then a system of pre-approved designs and letters like someone already mentioned (I think...).

I'm confused to where I was wrong. You basically stated another option that would again be difficult to do. Unless I didn't get the context which is never impossible. :p
-Jake
Kingdom Island Moderator
Jake

Next

Return to Ideas/Suggestions