My overall review of the Kingdom Island release.

Post any ideas or suggestions you think should be added to the game/website here.

Moderators: Dev Team, S. Moderators

My overall review of the Kingdom Island release.

Postby Tdsq » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:22 pm

Well for starters, I enjoy virtual chat games (Such as ClubPenguin, ect. even though I'm 15, It's always intrigued me.)

Anyway I'll start with a star rating and a bit of description.
Graphics - 4.5/5
I think that everything is quite well drawn and created, everything goes together quite smoothly, graphic style is fluent throughout the maps.

Gameplay - 2.5/5
Really not much to it, feels a bit glitched at quite a few points. Walking is really the only gameplay along with chatting (Not really game play). Currently no minigames(I'm reviewing the initial release, I know updates are coming). No customization at all besides naming your character, hats would be easy and fun to implement.Even if they were just simple buttons such as 'Click here to put on a football helmet!' then your character has a helmet that everyone sees, that would give individuals some uniqueness besides a red dragon.

Sound - 0/5
There is none.

Interaction 3/5
You can chat, private message and go to various levels, 3/5 is generous, there is no hidden gems or minigames. I guess sitting is cool.

Uniqueness - 5/5
There is not a single game like this on the app store and it will only get better.

Price - 2.5/5
Considering what little it has to offer, 2.99 isn't looking to fantastic.

Overall - 3/5
I see lots of potential in this game, with enough features and updates, this game could become the next 'big thing'. But remember, people love customization and interaction, walking around gets old. Fast. Try and add currency to add some objective to the game, maybe leader boards for richest member, give your users some reason to actually come on and play.

Suggestion - Make the dragon sprite larger, he is literally about 1 foot tall compared to the tree in the spawn area, he is a dragon for christ sake. Also, add a friend feature, keeping in contact is fun.

Bugs - Certain small areas are hard to get through and I get easily suck on a 'wall', make walking a bit smoother in that aspect. Also, I receive PM's from random people when I'm not even in the room. "Hey I'll get on skype, k?" WHO ARE YOU.

Anyway, after 6 years I was hoping for a bit more but I still like it.

PS, I gave it a 5 on the app store.
Tdsq

Re: My overall review of the Kingdom Island release.

Postby Tony » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:35 pm

I definitely appreciate the 5 star rating in the app store and your truthful review. Please allow me to comment on some of your points:

Gameplay- It's definitely a work in progress. Many people don't know what it actually takes to get into the app store and to create something as complicated as an MMO. While we are doing the best we can, it's going to take a lot of work to compete with companies that have millions of dollars in software going into their game. We unfortunately don't have that kind of funding.

Sound- Next update will have a music feature where you can select music from your own library in your iPod, iPhone, or iPad. Why listen to the same music every time? It'll just get annoying after a while. Hopefully this addition will give us a 5/5 in this category.

Interaction- Again, we can only do so much with so many funds. This is version 1.0, there is a lot coming.

Price- Initially it going to be free, but we need capitol. In the future we might make a lite version. I don't believe 2.99 is bad considering it's a one time payment. If you played for a year, you are saving nearly $80.00 versus other competing games.

Suggestions and bugs, thanks for comments. We'll look at the sprite and fix the bugs.

Thanks again for the review!
Tony
Admin

Re: My overall review of the Kingdom Island release.

Postby Alex Eskimo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:09 pm

I agree with vultren. The pricing is great compared to other games. This game is $2.99 and you have it for life. Other games you pay $6 for just one month!
http://www.designpowerpoint.blogspot.com/
Alex Eskimo

Return to Ideas/Suggestions