Farewell

Any regular, general talks in regards to Kingdom Island.

Moderators: Dev Team, S. Moderators

Farewell

Postby Duder » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:40 pm

Hey guys, Duder here,

As you can probably tell by the title, what I am about to say is not going to be good. After long thought, I have decided to remove myself from all online gaming activity. I have been playing virtual worlds ever since I was 11... and I currently am 17. Throughout my six years, I have met many friends, created many blogs, posted several YouTube videos and more. I am extremely proud of my accomplishments and would not have traded my online experience for anything else.

But considering I am heading to college next year, I must step into reality and get my priorities straight. For several years now I have fallen into what could almost be described as a virtual world addiction. Not one where I simply play something day in and day out, but more so an addiction where I must have a virtual world to play, a social media outlet to chat from, etc. I then go into the next level of coming up with potential blog ideas and YouTube videos that would otherwise crunch time for what should really be important to me in my life. I have kept my online gaming/ virtual world play a secret from everyone I know in my personal life except my cousins. It is time I really get myself prepared for the real world and stop falling back on this distraction of mine.

As for the wonderful world of Kingdom Island, I am truly going to miss the amazing staff and community. I started this game with the completely wrong attitude. I brought this negative energy to the game that was certainly unnecessary and a nuisance to the staff and fellow players. Why I brought this completely uncharacteristic trait of mine to this game, who knows? I was proud to have been given another opportunity to play the game and really see Kingdom Island blossom into such an outstanding virtual game for kids. I have enjoyed my time being able to connect and befriend new players, bond with the staff, and regularly share my ideas with this awesome forum group.

As a long time player of the game, the improvements made will surely shed light onto a bright future ahead for many dragons. I wish all the staff the best of luck continuing this big project with such a small team. Your determination, drive, and love for what you do is definitely received by us. For the moderators in college, I hope you're doing well in school. There is a lot of down time I'm sure; however, I will not choose to spend mine on this game (but kudos to you for the time management skills :lol: )

The sad part is I have decided to delete all my social media, blogs, YouTube accounts, and even virtual world accounts to really confirm this new chapter in my life. I know I have posted a few valuable Kingdom Island videos on my account and shared some kind words about the game elsewhere, but hopefully someone else will step up to the challenge and spread the word about this awesome game. I ask that everyone respects my decision to delete all of my content because it really will prevent me from falling into the trap of re-entering virtual worlds when I truly need to have other priorities in mind.

It will be weird removing past history that I have spent some six to eight years working on, but I know in my heart it is the right thing to do. Unfortunately, I am going to ask the staff to please remove my account from the game and forum. It truly is a difficult statement to type and I'm sure it's equally hard to read, but I do not want the burden of falling back onto this game to happen and it very well could if my account stays unused. I choose not to give my accounts to anyone, merely have it in the staffs possession to remove from the game and forum.

It was an honor to have won the item contest and I hope the players really enjoy the new clothes and future advancements the game has in store. It was an honor to have come across this game and I wish everyone future success....

New year... new me
Farewell my friends :)
-Duder
Last edited by Duder on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duder

Re: Farewell

Postby Odis10 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:36 pm

Hola y adiós, desafortunadamente tengo que escribir este corto mensaje en español.
Yo lo recuerdo desde hace mucho tiempo atrás, un mundo virtual llamado Pandanda. Le sonara mucho el nombre eh?
No creo haber hablado contigo, y mucho menos ahora... Pero eres una persona fantástica por así decirlo.

Realmente todas sus decisiones son acordadas, no hay ningún problema. Se borrara mucha historia de su pasado como un pequeño joven de 11 años jugando mundo virtuales. Pero claro, todo jamas se olvidara de su memoria.

Le deseo el mayor de los éxitos para lo que se proponga, y un feliz año 2015 :D .
Odis10

Postby OriginalName » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:20 pm

Extremely sad news. If you're reading this I plead to you to have one last party in your honour. I also ask of you to remember every person on this game as they will all remember you for what you have done for their game experience. The final thing I ask of you is that once you are through your college years is that you check in on us. Niw I must say thank you on behalf of every player you have ever spoken to over the years as you have welcomed every single last one. I also must thank you myself for introducing me to this game and learning me the tricks of the trade. You truly will be missed. There is a massive gap in the community as of now. I wish you luck for college and hope you get through it as swiftly as possible.

Many thanks from your friend,
OriginalName

(Tried my best from a phone)
OriginalName
Beta Tester

Postby Duder » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:15 pm

I guess it's a bit unethical to delete my account, even though it would actually prevent me from coming back when I really should be doing other things. So hopefully I can actually get this under control and visit on rare occasions to keep up with you all :) I'll miss you guys
Duder

Postby Tony » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:18 pm

Thanks for being apart of the KI community!
Tony
Admin

Postby Slenderman » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:11 pm

Duder wrote:Hey guys, Duder here,

As you can probably tell by the title, what I am about to say is not going to be good. After long thought, I have decided to remove myself from all online gaming activity. I have been playing virtual worlds ever since I was 11... and I currently am 17. Throughout my six years, I have met many friends, created many blogs, posted several YouTube videos and more. I am extremely proud of my accomplishments and would not have traded my online experience for anything else.

But considering I am heading to college next year, I must step into reality and get my priorities straight. For several years now I have fallen into what could almost be described as a virtual world addiction. Not one where I simply play something day in and day out, but more so an addiction where I must have a virtual world to play, a social media outlet to chat from, etc. I then go into the next level of coming up with potential blog ideas and YouTube videos that would otherwise crunch time for what should really be important to me in my life. I have kept my online gaming/ virtual world play a secret from everyone I know in my personal life except my cousins. It is time I really get myself prepared for the real world and stop falling back on this distraction of mine.

As for the wonderful world of Kingdom Island, I am truly going to miss the amazing staff and community. I started this game with the completely wrong attitude. I brought this negative energy to the game that was certainly unnecessary and a nuisance to the staff and fellow players. Why I brought this completely uncharacteristic trait of mine to this game, who knows? I was proud to have been given another opportunity to play the game and really see Kingdom Island blossom into such an outstanding virtual game for kids. I have enjoyed my time being able to connect and befriend new players, bond with the staff, and regularly share my ideas with this awesome forum group.

As a long time player of the game, the improvements made will surely shed light onto a bright future ahead for many dragons. I wish all the staff the best of luck continuing this big project with such a small team. Your determination, drive, and love for what you do is definitely received by us. For the moderators in college, I hope you're doing well in school. There is a lot of down time I'm sure; however, I will not choose to spend mine on this game (but kudos to you for the time management skills :lol: )

The sad part is I have decided to delete all my social media, blogs, YouTube accounts, and even virtual world accounts to really confirm this new chapter in my life. I know I have posted a few valuable Kingdom Island videos on my account and shared some kind words about the game elsewhere, but hopefully someone else will step up to the challenge and spread the word about this awesome game. I ask that everyone respects my decision to delete all of my content because it really will prevent me from falling into the trap of re-entering virtual worlds when I truly need to have other priorities in mind.

It will be weird removing past history that I have spent some six to eight years working on, but I know in my heart it is the right thing to do. Unfortunately, I am going to ask the staff to please remove my account from the game and forum. It truly is a difficult statement to type and I'm sure it's equally hard to read, but I do not want the burden of falling back onto this game to happen and it very well could if my account stays unused. I choose not to give my accounts to anyone, merely have it in the staffs possession to remove from the game and forum.

It was an honor to have won the item contest and I hope the players really enjoy the new clothes and future advancements the game has in store. It was an honor to have come across this game and I wish everyone future success....

New year... new me
Farewell my friends :)
-Duder

This is definitely hard to take in, you were my best bud!... Hopefully, until next time :) ?
Slenderman

Postby wildcard » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:00 pm

Best of luck in college, Duder! I'm sorry to see you go, but I hope you succeed and you're able to visit us soon!
wildcard

Return to General Discussion