Duder's Beta Test Application

Please apply here for beta testing.

Moderators: Dev Team, S. Moderators

Duder's Beta Test Application

Postby Duder » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:16 am

Hey guys, Duder here. I had not realized you needed to apply for a beta testing role in the community so I decided to do so today to test out the 4.1 update and many more soon to come. Clearly, I have a forum account. I follow the game on twitter (I do not have a facebook). I have advertised for users to follow your twitter and create an account on the game as well. I can assure you that I am an active member in the community otherwise I would not have over 800 followers and have stayed on this game approaching my two year anniversary. I am 17 years of age. I have had bans in the past, however I feel as though I've matured and remain a valuable asset to the community. I enjoy enforcing the rules to players to keep the game safe as well as help new players adjust to the game.

As the staff knows from my forum posts, I am always giving suggestions as well as improvements that I believe the game could work to change over time. I can help the Kingdom Island community specifically by evaluating for any bugs, testing the updates on different devices, and seeing if I encounter any issues that would alter the game in any unpleasant way. I am not a fan of video games, which is why I have grown up to play various computer games/ virtual worlds for a long period of my life. I have made accounts for Club Penguin, Pandanda, Minimonos, BinWeevils, ToonTown, Panfu, Tinkatolli, AnimalJam, ToonsTunes, Wiglington and Wenks, Space Heros, and many more that I just forget at the time. I have a passion for virtual worlds even at this age. It's not exactly what I plan to do as a future career, however; it's a hobby of mine that can be beneficial to you if I was made a Beta Tester. I have joined virtual worlds quite early on in the process of their development, so I have had the priviledge of being a Beta Tester and worked behind the scenes. I would say Pandanda and Minimonos were able to give users that experience as well as Club Penguin as it transitioned to Disney's rule.

Thanks for your time and I hope you choose me to become a beta tester!
Duder

P.S.
Here is just some visual proof that I have been a beta tester.

Pandanda-
Clearly by my shirt and playercard background, I was a Beta!

Minimonos-
The Minimonos picture shows my monkey Phillies wearing a star shirt. In that game, the star shirt meant that you were a "Maxi-Mod," meaning you had completed tasks as well as were confirmed for a "child moderator" limited status by the team. I was the very first Maxi Mod on the game (WOW!) and before it closed it probably had thousands of MaxiMods. I was able to test a lot of things on the game in Beta and the MaxiMod rank was just added recognition to new users that I was knowledgeable and could help them.
Duder

Re: Duder's Beta Test Application

Postby Duder » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:04 pm

Hello Mods,

Duder again as a short follow up. Tony recently informed me of my denied acceptance towards becoming a beta tester. Although I am disappointed, I can understand his reasoning as well as the rest of the team's to an extent, but I would like to provide a counter-argument to why you should reconsider me.

I feel as though I am a strong component in this game because I did join in early 2013 and have been playing ever since. There are not many users who have put in the dedication that I have and I believe that is a significant feature that a team should be looking for. Aside from my drive to spend a little bit of time each day on the game, I am often found here on the forums giving advice and also commenting on others forums. I do my best to keeps the forums alive by providing my insight and giving my appreciation, admiration, and help to those who also post KI related topics. The day the Blocks game was released on the island, I decided to create a Youtube tutorial for the game so that new players could benefit off of learning my techniques. As it has almost been 10 months since its release, I am proud to have helped nearly 400 viewers on my video. Not many users from the social media side of things know about Kingdom Island so I made the initiative to advertise the game to my followers in means of bringing in more publicity from the games target audience. As you hopefully know by now and can probably tell by my forum posts, is that I am a mature online user. The slip I had in February is enough to reconsider my privileges at the time, however I please ask that you read over the chat logs and see how much I have helped new players and socialized with others in a positive nature over the course of my time since then. If I was not a friendly person or active, I would not have as many followers as I do now. It's important to realize that I am just genuinely this type of person on and offline. I love being kind and friendly to others; I am certainly not putting on an act to try to get on anyone's "good side."

From a personal standpoint, my senior year schedule primarily consists of science and programming courses. Although my future is in healthcare, as I have mentioned above, virtual worlds, learning how they work, and getting a behind-the-scenes experience has ALWAYS been something I have had a passion for. I am honest so I would always keep the things I see on the beta server exclusively to my own eyes. I would love the opportunity to connect with the team on a new level and maybe even get taught a little along the way.

Reading over past beta applications, it looks as though my buddy joako is the only dragon still active on the game that was accepted as a beta tester (while the others active have become moderators). You clearly asked for applications as a team, and you have several amazing users who have applied within the last few weeks. Give them a chance. Not pointing out names, but the length of time you have had a dragon should not be a deciding factor. You can learn this game in a day and already be able to help people in your second hour playing. That's not anything negative, I am just saying it doesn't take much to be able to fit the qualification you're looking for, yet I do agree you should exceed expectations.

Please learn that people do change and have good intentions. I can honestly say I haven't actually "changed", but I have matured in this online environment to where my behavior is MUCH more acceptable and I am proud of that. Wouldn't you like a second chance? Wouldn't you like to follow a passion of yours? Of course... so please take some time and weigh your options for me and others. I truly hope you change your mind.

Thanks so much.
Duder
Duder

Postby Duder » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:02 pm

Hello
Duder

Postby Tony » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:18 pm

Unfortunately at this time we will not be accepting this application. Thank you for your interest!
Tony
Admin

Postby Duder » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:57 am

Tony, if you could inform me in maybe a private message of what I can do to eventually become a beta tester, that would be great. I realize my ban is the main reason I was not selected, so maybe you could walk me through the process I would need to take in order to show you I truly meet all qualifications and am responsible enough to become one (if I haven't been showing that in recent months already). I see every other beta application was approved but mine (or at least received a different response saying to check their messages), which is definitely discouraging for me, however, I am certainly happy for the other applicants. Thank you
Duder

Postby joeyourock12 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:11 am

Duder I'm sorry to hear your bad news about it being denied I do think you did a very good application and I really hope you get accepted!
joeyourock12
Beta Tester

Postby Duder » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:31 am

Duder wrote:Tony, if you could inform me in maybe a private message of what I can do to eventually become a beta tester, that would be great. I realize my ban is the main reason I was not selected, so maybe you could walk me through the process I would need to take in order to show you I truly meet all qualifications and am responsible enough to become one (if I haven't been showing that in recent months already). I see every other beta application was approved but mine (or at least received a different response saying to check their messages), which is definitely discouraging for me, however, I am certainly happy for the other applicants. Thank you

It would be great if I could get a private message sent through the forums or in the game about what I can do.
Duder

Postby Fano » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:01 am

Duder wrote:It would be great if I could get a private message sent through the forums or in the game about what I can do.

Duder, you have already received a response on this thread; a private message is not necessary.
Thank you for your interest.

-Fano
Fano

Return to Beta Testing Applications