Hello

Please introduce yourself to the community!

Moderators: Dev Team, S. Moderators

Hello

Postby Stephen » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:42 am

Recently checked the old dragonplay forums and thought might as well sign up here. It's great that you guys have got a game out and on the app store. I've tried to make fan games before, with not so much success (no users) so I know a bit about what not to do at least. Think that's pretty much everything about me.

Doesn't seem to be too much to do at the moment (and isn't on many platforms), which is a bit of a shame. Is this running as a business or a community project out of wondering? Also, is there any further news about the HTML5 version?
Stephen
Development Team

Re: Hello

Postby Tony » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:42 am

Welcome Stephen. While I can't exactly remember you from the DragonPlay days- it's always good to see an older member back on the boards!

While some things might appear as a shame- we're doing our best with the limited resources we have. It's running as a business under Venbit (see contact page).

No further news on the HTML5 version except we do have an HTML5 mini game about a week away. So that's good news and shows we are making progress.
Tony
Admin

Postby Stephen » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:06 pm

Thank you, not surprised as it was many years ago now.

I know, I wouldn't expect the game to be progressing rapidly especially if it's in a business set up. It's just a shame that as the game has potential it's not further along so that it becomes more rewarding as a community. It's important to utilise your resources effectively, once you have set up a good system for items they wouldn't take much to add. (Users though are interested by regular item releases though)

Unlucky that it couldn't easily be ported to HTML5, though I'd still say that the cross over point between Flash and HTML5/Unity is still a bit of a way away yet (though let's not get into a debate over that). A mini-game in it would be good though, as that means there can be something on the website for people to do.
Stephen
Development Team

Postby Tony » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:31 pm

Stephen wrote:A mini-game in it would be good though, as that means there can be something on the website for people to do.

Exactly. We have a test version of it ready and are just adding the last few levels and modifications for native iOS. If you want to see the graphics, we posted it somewhere here on the boards, Qazar did a post in the blog titled "Sneak Peek" which shows a bit of the game graphics. We're pretty excited actually!
Tony
Admin

Return to Introductions