Cheap or free Graphics Software?

Post and discuss any game art or game development topics here.

Moderators: Dev Team, S. Moderators

Cheap or free Graphics Software?

Postby Poachkama » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:02 pm

Is their any free graphics software I could download or use I am very fond and impressed by the graphics on Kingdom Island, please tell me and give me a link to download it or where to buy it and how much it cost, I don't like using GIMP though, nor paint.net. I don't really want to spend any money I only want to be able to get a graphics software but if it's cheap tell me please.
I'm Poku! That's me, I'll mainly post on the forums.
Poachkama

Re: Cheap or free Graphics Software?

Postby Alex Eskimo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:15 pm

I make most of my stuff on PowerPoint 2003. It might be hard to come by since its outdated, but its good for beginners considering its also used for other things. I got my copy from my school, you could ask your school maybe?

There aren't really any tutorials for making anything on PowerPoint, but if you'd like to see a simple way to do it, I set up a tutorial on this website: www.designpowerpoint.blogspot.com

The first step isn't actually necessary, but it helps me a lot.

I hope you find this website helpful...I made it especially for people like you who want to learn to draw using the computer :D
http://www.designpowerpoint.blogspot.com/
Alex Eskimo

Postby alexronay » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:54 pm

I started out using powerpoint also. Most of the time it's free with most PCs/ downloadable on the internet.

Drawing tools are simple, and you can get a great result.
alexronay
Design Team

Postby Sand » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:19 am

Great tutorial Alex!!! Im so going to try it when I have a bit more time on my hands :)
I actually started out using microsoft word haha! But that was years ago. I then went on to download some free photoshop trials which last month. Then for christmas a few years ago I got a bamboo tablet and photoshop elements came with that so now I use that :)

www.kingdomislandtips.blogspot.com
Sand

Postby Poachkama » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:37 am

I mainly use GIMP I just downloaded it I only know how to stoke I use the Paths tool then stoke it, and I use Paint from Microsoft, and Microsoft word too.
I'm Poku! That's me, I'll mainly post on the forums.
Poachkama

Postby Penguitt » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:10 am

I use Photoshop Cs4/Cs3 I forget which one. But I'd highly suggest Powerpoint as well. My friend taught me how to use it back when he made designs for Pandanda. Such a wizard at that stuff, he is. :)
Penguitt

Return to Game Art/Development