What takes the most time?

Post and discuss any game art or game development topics here.

Moderators: Dev Team, S. Moderators

What takes the most time?

Postby samtheman » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:05 am

Hi, I have played kingdom island a few times only problem is its so boring right now!

The game has been out for over 8 months now and the only updates I have seen are updated "hd" background images lol and characters who just stand and say things and a minigame that is completely disconnected from the actual kingdom island game.

Since im not a game developer I dont know what it takes but I have seen other "ameture" games with way more features be released in that time and receive way faster updates.

So I guess my question is what takes the longest time? Graphics, gameplay, programming, licensing, legal, music?

Always been curious about this kind of stuff!

KINGDOM ISLAND ROCKS!!!
samtheman

Re: What takes the most time?

Postby Tony » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:46 pm

We have an update larger than the original launch of the game coming out in a week or so. Stay tuned.
Tony
Admin

Postby samtheman » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:09 pm

HECK YESSS!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW I am glad I found out there is a forum for kingdom island because I almost deleted the game!!!!! Got so bored with it plus it doesn't look very good on my phone

Did you make the game??? If I start a club will you join it??? Can I get a sneak preview???
samtheman

Postby Tony » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:08 am

Stay tuned.
Tony
Admin

Postby Jake » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:37 am

samtheman wrote:HECK YESSS!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW I am glad I found out there is a forum for kingdom island because I almost deleted the game!!!!! Got so bored with it plus it doesn't look very good on my phone

Did you make the game??? If I start a club will you join it??? Can I get a sneak preview???

I'll join your club if you allow me to join other clubs as well. :)
-Jake
Kingdom Island Moderator
If there is anything I can do to help, let me know!
Jake

Postby alfred » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:04 pm

The game is really interesting! i dont see how u can get bored on it, just get more friends to join cuz updates r coming :P
alfred

Postby Pacman » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:15 pm

Kinda Off-Topic: But after "Virtual World Club" became partners, I do believe Kingdom Island will be gaining a lot more users, and hopefully they will become Daily Users. So don't give up just yet! ;)
Pacman

Postby Shaina » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:18 am

You've gained me! I only found out about Kingdom Island through Virtual World Club! I had no idea it even existed :o
Shaina

Postby Jake » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:49 am

Sure, we may gain members through other sites but we also gain members when our incredible users tell their friends about a really fun game.

We love seeing more people. I personally love it whenever there are new posts that make me scroll down a bit to reach the bottom. This forum and game is so fun when there are people to talk to. (:
-Jake
Kingdom Island Moderator
If there is anything I can do to help, let me know!
Jake

Postby Pacman » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:06 pm

I think by us telling our friends about how fun it is and such, we gain more daily users, then just telling people to come on. I agree Jake, it is awesome to scroll down on posts and it take a while just to read all the comments added. Also I was thinking that one of the Kingdom Island Staff or a normal user, should make a video describing Kingdom Island to people, it would be easier to share and tell people what's it about. :)
Pacman

Return to Game Art/Development