Creating a Virtual World

Post and discuss any game art or game development topics here.

Moderators: Dev Team, S. Moderators

Re: Creating a Virtual World

Postby Stephen » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:02 am

Firstly, a game like KI is complicated. Using C++ does not make creating a game like KI easier, in fact it's much harder than using Flash. I wouldn't advise someone who hasn't programmed before trying to use C++ to make this sort of game (you will almost certainly fail). That being said I wish you luck, but this forum would not be the place to seek help in making it.

C++ is a lanaguage in it's own right (and would take time to learn). Microsoft Visual C++ is a software program which allows you to program in C+. If you wish to download Microsoft Visual C++ you can at their website, the express editions require only you to register for free. As far as I'm aware it's only for Windows operating systems, downloads at http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/eng/downloads , I personally use the Visual C++ 2010 Express edition.
Stephen
Development Team

Postby Poachkama » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:26 am

Thanks, I've tried making it in flash but I failed and made a big mistake and used a online serial code and it worked for everyone then uh-oh thats where the big issue came in, I really want to make my own game :(, I just wish I could learn like right now it's been a big dream that I've always wanted to accomplish and I've failed once but I won't give up. But your advice still means alot thanks again.
I'm Poku! That's me, I'll mainly post on the forums.
Poachkama

Postby alfred » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:41 am

Pochama dreams can only come true with hard work. Dreams alone remain as dreams and goals become empty nets. To make a real good virtual world learn how to code, when you're young it's really easy to learn so i suggest to start now(as long as it does not interfere with your school goals) I would suggest you learn more about flash before moving on to any complicated languages such as C++
alfred

Previous

Return to Game Art/Development