Clothing Contest 2014

Post and discuss any game art or game development topics here.

Moderators: Dev Team, S. Moderators

Clothing Contest 2014

Postby alexronay » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:32 pm

Hello Dragons!

With the new clothing shop underway, I feel it is time again for a clothing design contest!

Just like last year, the winning design will be featured inside our game!

Get the template from our blog and post your designs here!

All entries must be entered by 12/13/14! Good luck!
alexronay
Design Team

Re: Clothing Contest 2014

Postby joeyourock12 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:59 pm

Here is my pretty quick design,I'm not very good at drawing. :D

joeyourock12
Beta Tester

Postby Odis10 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:41 pm

I love the cards, not for games to bet money, only with her too can do amazing magic tricks :P :mrgreen: .

Odis10

Postby Duder » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:22 pm

This may be a strange question but for those without any type of photo editing programs (such as photoshop, gimp, etc.), is there a way you could make the template so that if we go as basic as using the paint can on paint to fill an area of the dragon, it can fill fully instead of look all "pixely" in one little area of the whole dragon. Not sure if you get what I mean.. but it will be hard to use paint to do this.
Duder

Postby Duder » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:30 pm

Ignoring my horrible attempt at shading, graphics, etc., here you see a superhero dragon! Spinno has talked some smack for quite some time now about destroying Kingdom Island, so it would be fun to have a superhero outfit to fight crime on the island. Many players also like Daren and with the new flying game at the harbor (which I assume is still a thing), it would be cool if we had to purchase the costume in our inventory (or in the clothing shop) and wear it in order to play the game. Aside from that, the costume would just add more action and interaction on the island, which I think the game sometimes needs :) Good luck everyone! I am looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with; the contest last year was so much fun!

Duder

Postby Slenderman » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:35 pm

Duder wrote:Ignoring my horrible attempt at shading, graphics, etc., here you see a superhero dragon! Spinno has talked some smack for quite some time now about destroying Kingdom Island, so it would be fun to have a superhero outfit to fight crime on the island. Many players also like Daren and with the new flying game at the harbor (which I assume is still a thing), it would be cool if we had to purchase the costume in our inventory (or in the clothing shop) and wear it in order to play the game. Aside from that, the costume would just add more action and interaction on the island, which I think the game sometimes needs :) Good luck everyone! I am looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with; the contest last year was so much fun!

Would love to see that in-game, Good job bro
Slenderman

Postby alexronay » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:04 pm

Duder wrote:This may be a strange question but for those without any type of photo editing programs (such as photoshop, gimp, etc.), is there a way you could make the template so that if we go as basic as using the paint can on paint to fill an area of the dragon, it can fill fully instead of look all "pixely" in one little area of the whole dragon. Not sure if you get what I mean.. but it will be hard to use paint to do this.

No worries, we don't look for high polished work. We look for concept. not to mention it will all come down to a vote from the users.

you can always print out the template and draw over it, take a picture or scan it.

I like your hero outfit :D
alexronay
Design Team

Postby Slenderman » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:53 pm

alexronay wrote:No worries, we don't look for high polished work. We look for concept.

In that case I made this, I used GIMP, but I just got it yesterday. Not too bad.... (Ps. Those two little black circles in the white aren't eyes, its a tie) :roll:

Tuxedo:
Slenderman

Postby Tony » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:33 pm

Great entries so far! Keep it up!
Tony
Admin

Postby OriginalName » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:42 am

Hey guys ON here, and I think my entries have good concepts but really poor art skills. :lol:
Anyway here are my entries,

They are but out of season but if we ever were to get a beach room these would be the best clothing for it. The whole outfit is my entry including the shades.

I wanted to ask if there is a limit to how much I can post, because I have a few more ideas.

Thanks for reading!
~OriginalName~
OriginalName
Beta Tester

Next

Return to Game Art/Development